Skip to main content
Financial support after a motor vehicle death
Financial support is available to dependent family members of a person who died in a motor vehicle accident.
banner image

If you are a financially dependent family member of someone who died in a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible for compensation under NSW law.

‘Family member’ most commonly includes partners or children but can also cover siblings and parents.

Compensation can include for economic loss (such as wages) and medical and funeral costs.

You have six months from the time of the incident to make a claim, under the CTP (compulsory third party, or ‘green slip’) insurance scheme.

For information on both financial compensation and funeral costs, contact CTP Assist on 1300 656 919 (or email for enquiries about compensation and for enquiries about funeral costs).