The ODPP’s vision is to be a dynamic prosecution service recognised for its excellence and leadership.
Our goals are to:
- deliver a high quality, independent and professional prosecution service
- provide a fair, just and timely service to victims and witnesses
- improve the ways we interact internally and with our criminal justice partners
- develop, recognise and celebrate the knowledge, skills and commitment of our people.
Our Signature Behaviours
The ODPP Signature Behaviours are:
- Act with integrity, by behaving ethically and professionally and adhering to public service values
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and actively listen to others and respond in a respectful way
- Be courageous, by being open and honest, prepared to express your professional views and willing to accept and commit to change
- Be accountable, by taking responsibility for your actions, adhering to legislation and policy and using resources efficiently
- Be adaptive, by planning and achieving priority outcomes, responding in a flexible manner and participating in initiatives that encourage positive change across the ODPP
- Promote a supportive environment, by showing respect for diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, accepting differing opinions and views and working collaboratively
- Never stop learning, by adopting and maintaining a commitment to ongoing learning and development.
Our Code of Conduct
The ODPP Code of Conduct establishes the ethical principles and standards of conduct that are to inform and guide:
- all decisions made and action taken on the ODPP’s behalf
- all behaviour, professional and personal, while performing work for the ODPP.