Our vision and values
The ODPP’s vision is to be a dynamic prosecution service recognised for its excellence and leadership.
Our goals are to:
deliver a high quality, independent and professional prosecution service
provide a fair, just and timely service to victims and witnesses
improve the ways we interact internally and with our criminal justice partners
develop, recognise and celebrate the knowledge, skills and commitment of our people.
Our Signature Behaviours
The ODPP Signature Behaviours are:
- Act with integrity, by behaving ethically and professionally and adhering to public service values
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and actively listen to others and respond in a respectful way
- Be courageous, by being open and honest, prepared to express your professional views and willing to accept and commit to change
- Be accountable, by taking responsibility for your actions, adhering to legislation and policy and using resources efficiently
- Be adaptive, by planning and achieving priority outcomes, responding in a flexible manner and participating in initiatives that encourage positive change across the ODPP
- Promote a supportive environment, by showing respect for diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, accepting differing opinions and views and working collaboratively
- Never stop learning, by adopting and maintaining a commitment to ongoing learning and development.
Our Code of Conduct
The ODPP’s Code of Conduct establishes the ethical principles and standards of conduct that are to inform and guide:
all decisions made and action taken on the ODPP’s behalf
all behaviour, professional and personal, while performing work for the ODPP.